CAES Communication Support Services (CSS), comprising of Digital Literacy Lab, Speaking Studio, Writing Centre, and General Language Advising, offers a variety of consultations, workshops and discussions to help students succeed at the University of Hong Kong. Our services are available to all UGC-funded undergraduate and postgraduate students.
CAES Speaking Studio is now hiring student consultants to join the team in supporting HKU students’ spoken communication.
Join us if you are a postgraduate or Year 2 or above undergraduate from any discipline who:
- has good English speaking skills especially in projects involving vocals (e.g. presentation, narration, storytelling, etc.)
- has excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a combination of different media such as visuals, sound and text
- is enthusiastic about helping others communicate well
- wants to learn more about language tutoring, interpersonal skills and digital literacy
As a peer consultant, you will:
- create and deliver communication support events, including 1-to-1 consultations and group workshops for peers
- assist in the development of learning support materials
- receive on-the-job training and support
- work around 8 hours a week, with a mix of the above duties
To apply, go to: http://bit.ly/SS-PeerConsultant
Interviews will be in late Nov 2019
Pay is competitive.