- You can book two consultation sessions per week.
- You must use your OWN University ID to book any service.
Uploading Your Work – Writing Centre Consultations:
- For Writing Centre consultations, please directly upload to the booking system any files containing your work, assignment instructions, and/or readings that you would like to discuss with your consultant (maximum file size 10MB). Do this by dragging the files into the upload box, and make sure to click the “upload” button.
- Upload files at least two days prior to the consultation.
- If upload is late, your consultant may need to use some of the consultation time to go through your work, and the consultation will be less productive.
- Use the “My Consultation Goals” box to tell your consultant what you want to work on in the consultation, as well as any other information that your consultant might need to know. Please no links to Google Docs.
Sharing Your Work – Speaking Studio and Digital Literacy Lab:
- Use the “My Consultation Goals” box to tell your consultant what you want to work on in the consultation, and to share a link to any online files you want your consultant to look at before the consultation (your HKU Connect Google Drive account has unlimited storage space, but please make sure your sharing settings are set to ‘everyone’).
- Share links to your file(s) at least two days prior to the consultation.
- If you share links late, your consultant may need to use some of the consultation time to go through your work, and the consultation will be less productive.
- You may cancel a booked session not less than 24 hours in advance. To cancel 24+ hours in advance, click on your booking and then click the “Cancel this booking” button when it appears.
- Email cancellations are NOT accepted.
- * If you fail to attend your booked consultations twice, you will be barred from booking any session for the rest of the semester.
- * Occasionally, it may be necessary to cancel a session due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness of the tutor. In such cases, you may book any other open time slot. Unfortunately we are UNABLE to provide make-up sessions when this occurs. We apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
* Please refer to your booking confirmation email if you need more details.